INSTRUCTIONS FOR TRANSFERRING TO THE MLC
To transfer to the MLC, you have to do the following:
2) Pay the $100 non-refundable application and registration fee. This cannot be refunded for any reason. (ALL TUITION MUST BE PAID ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS OR BEFORE)
3) Submit a bank statement or a financial guarantee. (FOR SACM STUDENTS: YOU MUST HAVE PERMISSION FROM SACM TO TRANSFER TO THE MLC)
4) Submit a copy of your present Form I-20 from your current school.
5) PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MICHIGAN LANGUAGE CENTER DOES NOT ACCEPT A STUDENT WHOSE SEVIS RECORD HAS BEEN TERMINATED OR CANCELLED OR WHO IS OUT OF STATUS.
If you satisfy conditions 1—5 above, the MLC will issue you an Acceptance Letter and a Transfer Form for you to give to the international advisor/DSO/PDSO at the school you are presently attending.
6) You must complete Section 1 of the Transfer Form. This will give your current school permission to complete this form and send it to the MLC.
YOU MUST TAKE THE PLACEMENT TEST BEFORE OR ON THE MORNING OF THE POSTED REGISTRATION DATE. ANYONE WHO TAKES THE TEST LATER WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED CLASSES AND MAY NOT BE ABLE TO TRANSFER TO THE MICHIGAN LANGUAGE CENTER.