How can an F1-Visa Student Transfer to MLC?

MLC often welcomes F-1 visa students who transfer from other language schools, colleges, or universities. Students are able to continue their English studies in the safe and vibrant city of Ann Arbor, right next to the world-class University of Michigan. While students take language classes with us, they can also join our University Pathway program, where they can explore our partner universities and apply with the help of MLC counselors.

We know the transfer process for F-1 visa students can seem confusing and complicated!  You may have questions such as: What documents do I need to give my current school? Do I need a new I-20? Will my F-1 visa status be affected if I transfer schools?

To help students with this process, we have created step-by-step instructions for transferring to MLC. You can see the instructions at the following webpage: How to Transfer to MLC. If you have further questions, feel free to contact us at

Would You Like to Transfer to MLC?

Contact us today to discuss next steps.