In conditional admissions, universities will admit academically qualified MLC students on the condition that students will:
- Successfully complete and pass MLC’s advanced-level classes (generally 3 or more sessions with passing grades)
- Pass an MLC speaking interview and essay evaluation
- Achieve a passing score on MLC’s free in-house language assessment OR another university prescribed English examination (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS)*
Students can begin the conditional admissions process before they begin their English studies at MLC or after they have begun their studies at MLC. MLC will help students complete the necessary application forms to receive Conditional Letters of Acceptance. MLC will help students apply to 3 of our partner universities.
- If students apply before coming to MLC, they will receive conditional admissions letter(s) to a partner university programs prior to arrival at MLC.
- If students apply while studying at MLC, they will receive conditional admissions letters while studying at MLC.
Please see the “University Pathway Fees” page for cost information.
STUDY AT MLC
When students arrive at MLC, they will be given an English placement test to evaluate their English language proficiency. Based on the test, students will be placed into one of five levels of MLC’s Intensive English Language Program.
While students are enrolled at MLC, they will receive support from a University Counselor throughout the duration of their time studying English and preparing for higher education. MLC will continually test and measure students’ English level to ensure they are on the path to university enrollment.
Once the student has successfully completed the University Pathway program at MLC, the student will gain admission to the partner university.
* – At Eastern Michigan University, conditionally admitted students must submit satisfactory English test scores (i.e. TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, PTE) to the university in order to enroll.