MLC is hiring an Office Assistant & Social Media Manager! If you or someone you know is interested in joining the MLC Team, please let us know. See the full job description below.
Office Assistant & Social Media Manager
Michigan Language Center is on a mission to teach English and American Culture to people from around the world and empower them in their university, career, and personal pursuits. We treat students and staff as family – with hospitality and genuine care for each individual.
WHO WE ARE: THE MLC WAY
What is “the MLC Way?” It is how we describe the foundation that makes MLC such a unique place. We believe that MLC is more than a place to simply learn English. It is a place where students and instructors come together to form a community of learning and friendship. Students are challenged to strive for their highest potential with the care and support of instructors and classmates. We work intentionally to cultivate the following:
- DIVERSE & FRIENDLY STUDENT COMMUNITY: Students from over 50 different countries of all different ages and educational goals.
- QUALITY INSTRUCTORS: Caring, dedicated, TESOL-certified teachers with years of experience.
- RIGOROUS & ENGAGING CURRICULUM: Thoughtfully designed for students at all levels of proficiency to meet their educational goals.
- AMERICAN CULTURAL ACTIVITIES & EXPERIENCES: Located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the #1 City to Live in America.
We are looking for an energetic, friendly, organized and detail-oriented individual who has a passion to work with international students and loves to see organizations run smoothly and efficiently. This person will be in charge of the following responsibilities (and more!):
- Opening the school in the morning at 8:30am and ensuring overall management of the school.
- Meeting, greeting, and hosting new and current students – with a smile and a hot cup of coffee!
- Working with the Academic Director to support various administrative tasks for the school.
- Supporting the administrative duties of the school using Google apps and Microsoft office.
- Delivering above-and-beyond customer service through phone, e-mail, and online chat.
- Scheduling appointments for the directors and administrative staff of the school.
- Strategizing ways to improve our service, streamline our processes, and better serve our students and corporate clients.
- Creating and supporting the overall marketing and social media strategy of the school on Facebook, -Blog Posts, Instagram, LinkedIn and more. This will involve activities such as writing, taking photos, and recording and editing videos.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree
- Interest or experience working with international students
- Office management experience, preferably in education, hospitality or fast growth environment.
- Passion for education and ability to work with people in various roles (instructors, students, administrators)
- Organizational and planning skills for setting both short-term and long-range goals, and for coordinating efforts for timely accomplishment of those goals
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and managing expectations and deliverables through project management to drive student satisfaction, performance, and results
- High comfort level with technology and knowledge of how to use a variety of web tools
- A “no task is too small” attitude
- Empathetic and enthusiastic approach to troubleshooting and customer service
- A high energy, quick learner who is willing to take initiative and has great follow through
- Detail-oriented, process-driven, and the ability to juggle several projects at once
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- A strong marketing/branding eye and ability to work in digital marketing tools.
This position will work closely with the Office Manager, the Academic Director, and the Director of Marketing & Communications.
This is an hourly position. Role will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week.
OUR APPLICATION PROCESS
Please keep applications brief: we want small resumes with relevant experience. Be prepared to talk about your experiences. Short but super-personalized cover letters are welcome!
Email resumes and cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org