Please read the following information carefully and be sure to ask us if you have any questions.
- A lesson can be rescheduled with reasonable advance notice – more than 24 hours in advance. Any lesson that is canceled with less than 24 hours notice cannot be rescheduled.
- If a student needs to reschedule a lesson, he/she should talk to the teacher to reschedule the lesson at a suitable time. No more than 20% of the total lessons for that session may be rescheduled. For example, if a student enrolls in 10 hours of lessons, he/she may reschedule 2 lessons.
- Lessons should be rescheduled as soon as possible.
Students may be required to purchase textbooks for private lessons.
Payment from the student, or billing to a sponsor, is due before the start of lessons. For students who are sponsored by their business or by an agency, the student must present a letter of financial support from the sponsor indicating that the sponsor will be responsible for the tuition and fees. Or, the sponsor may give verbal approval of these expenses.
Cancellation/Refund Policy for Private Lessons
Non-Refundable Program Setup Fee
There is a $100 non-refundable initial setup fee for the arrangement of private lessons. This is a one-time fee for the initial setup. Students continuing their lessons for another session will not be charged the fee again.
Cancellation Prior to Start of Lessons or No Show
If a student notifies the MLC of cancellation prior to the start of lessons, or if a student never attends lessons (no show), he/she will receive a refund for the full tuition balance that was paid. If it is the student’s first session of lessons, the $100 non-refundable initial setup fee will not be refunded.
Program Cancellation / Rejection of Applicant
If the MLC is unable to find an instructor and the private lessons cannot be arranged, or if the MLC cancels the program for any reason, the MLC will refund all monies paid by the student. If an applicant is rejected for enrollment by the MLC, the MLC will refund all monies paid by the student.
WITHDRAWAL OR TERMINATION AFTER START DATE OF LESSONS
A student who provides verbal or written notification of withdrawal to the MLC is eligible for a refund if his/her last date of attendance (LDA) is on or before the midpoint (50%) of the program/lessons for that session. If a student is administratively withdrawn from the program/lessons, the student is eligible for a refund without verbal or written notification. See Refund & Charges below. If the student’s last date of attendance (LDA) is after the midpoint (50%) of the program/lessons for that session, there is no refund for that session.
If a student does not attend lessons for 30 consecutive days, the student will be administratively withdrawn from the program. The student is eligible for a refund if his/her last date of attendance (LDA) is on or before the midpoint (50%) of the program/lessons for that session. See Refund & Charges below.
A student who is terminated due to the student’s failure to adhere to the MLC’s attendance, conduct, or student progress policy is eligible for a refund as of his/her last date of attendance if that date is on or before the midpoint (50%) of the program/lessons for that session. See Refund & Charges below.
Refund & Charges
When processing a refund for withdrawal or termination after program/lessons start date, the refund is based on the student’s start date of enrollment for that session and the student’s last date of attendance. The MLC retains the following charges:
For initial students in private lessons:
- The MLC retains $100 non-refundable initial setup fee.
- The MLC retains the pro-rated tuition amount for the number of hours enrolled, up to and including the last date of attendance. The pro-rated tuition amount is the tuition balance (tuition minus the $100 non-refundable program setup fee) divided by the total number of hours for the particular program/lessons that the student is enrolled in for that session.
For continuing students in private lessons:
- The MLC retains the pro-rated tuition amount for the number of hours enrolled, up to and including the last date of attendance.
Refund of Future Sessions
One session is the minimum period of financial obligation. Students who pay for future sessions are eligible for a full refund for all future sessions.
Refunds will be paid within 30 calendar days from the documented date of determination. The date of determination is the date the student gives written or verbal notice of withdrawal to the MLC, the date the MLC administratively withdraws the student, or the date the MLC terminates the student due to the student’s failure to adhere to the MLC’s attendance, conduct, or student progress policy.
If an agency or a business has arranged a student’s enrollment and paid the student’s tuition, the refund will be made to the agency or business.
I have read this form and understand the information concerning the rescheduling, textbooks, payment, and the cancellation and refund policy, and I agree to all of the terms and conditions. (Please ask if there is anything that you do not understand.)